Air ~ La Clusaz transfers made very easy – new motorway – no winding mountain roads!!!
The airport we use is Geneva and it is only a one hour transfer to the chalet and now with the new motorway from Annecy to Geneva the transfer is a pleasure and guaranteed no car sickness as it is a simple straight run in. If flying the earlier you book the cheaper the flight tends to be. Transfers are included in the price of your holiday. We ask you to book flights arriving and departing between the hours of 9am and 6pm. If you are traveling outside of these hours or on a different day please email for a ‘transfer supplement quote’.
Road ~ Straight to the skiing and pistes!
If driving it is around 8 hours from Calais (540 miles) or St Malo (660 miles) with motorway practically all the way. Motorway tolls are approx. 85 EUROS each way. Snow chains are obligatory in the resort so you will need to have some in your car unless you are driving a four wheel drive. The roads are cleared of snow early every day and no one has yet been ‘snowed in’!
Directions to La Clusaz in brief
From Calais – follow signs to Reims (A26) then Lyon (A26/A5) then Geneva (A39) then Chamonix (A40) then Les Aravis, La Clusaz. From St.Malo – N137 to Rennes then N136 (cuirclar) then N157 (E50) to Laval, E50 (A81) to Le Mans, E50 (A11) to Paris, N104 dir Evry, A6 dir Lyon (South), at Macon A4, E21, E62 to Geneva then A40 Chamonix, Mont Blanc – At Bonneville D12 dir La Clusaz. From Lyon – Off A41 at Annecy Nord, Thones, La Clusaz. From Geneva – A40 motorway to Bonneville, Les Aravis, La Clusaz.
For detailed directions from google maps simply click here ~ ‘get directions’~ pop your post code in ‘start address’ box, press go and view the suggested route
GPS Co ordinates:
N 45° 54 170
E 006 25 565
Trains to the heart of the Alps and our luxury, catered chalet!
Useful travel links to get you to the winter holiday resort La Clusaz!
Before your ski holiday
If you are flying please let us know your flight numbers, arrival and departure times at least four weeks prior to departure or as soon as you have booked your flights. Also please bear in mind when booking your flights that rooms must be vacated by 10am and after this time the chalet then undergoes a major changeover so access to bedrooms & bathrooms etc. is not possible but you are more than welcome to leave your luggage with us and ski for the day if you have a late flight.
La Clusaz ski pass
- La Clusaz or Aravis ski pass? The Aravis pass gives you access to the neighbouring resort of Le Grand Bornand – 10 minutes drive (free bus) where there are another 39 lifts and heaps more skiing. This costs 11 euros more than the La Clusaz 6 day pass…please book your lift passes online and send Lisa the reference no. and she will collect them for you and have them ready at the chalet.
- Photocopy of passport if the child is under 5 (as they can have a free pass). If they are under 8 or over 60 as they can have a reduction on their pass.
Things to bring to the chalet
- Swimming costumes & towels – There are both indoor and outdoor pools in La Clusaz and a hot tub at the chalet so we recommend you bring along an extra towel if you plan to go to the pool. Robes and hair-dryers are provided in the bedrooms.
- Duty Free – we have a duty free shelf behind the bar and it is customary for each guest to bring a bottle of their favourite spirit – this is then added to the bar shelf and all the guests then share the shelf! – all other drinks are provided.
On arrival at the airport
Please make sure that you exit arrivals via the Swiss (Geneva) exit and not the French exit. A driver from our transport company will be there to meet you holding up a Snowlife card. If there is no one there to meet you please wait at the bar, 30 yards on the left as it will hopefully be a matter of a few minutes wait, probably due to traffic.
LOST BAGGAGE – if you are unfortunate enough to lose your baggage please go through customs and inform our driver – you may re-enter the baggage reclaim area afterwards.
The transfer time to the chalet is approximately one hour. Once you have arrived at the chalet we will take you to the ski shop as soon as you are ready.
Chalet life La Clusaz style!
- Breakfast 8.00am till 9.00am
- Afternoon Tea 4.45 pm till 5.30 pm
- Children’s Tea – around 6pm
- Canapés from 7.30pm with dinner at 8pm…
Payment procedure in the ski resort
- Ski lessons, ski hire and lift passes can all be paid for with cash or credit cards
If you have not yet let us know your requirements (on our ski lesson form) please do so A.S.A.P as we work with a private ski school, the Sno Academie who get booked up very quickly. On receipt of the form we will do our very best to reserve your lessons, meeting places and requested times etc. and all will be confirmed with you on arrival.
We have a multimedia system in the chalet with heaps of DVD ‘s and a toy box with plenty of toys and games….and for babies we have all the equipment you will need but you may wish to bring your own baby monitor that you are used to at home.
Rooms will be available from 10am. Access to the chalet door is possible for unloading but must otherwise be kept clear at all times and safe parking is available at the bottom of the driveway below the chalet.